In late 1925, The Aladdin Company of Bay City, Michigan purchased a large parcel of land in the Redland area. They were a pioneer in the manufacture of mail-order "kit" homes. The development encountered logistical problems brought on by the railroad companies' October 1925 embargo on Florida of all but foodstuffs and other essentials but home sales were still on the rise. The sinking of the Prinz Valdemar in Miami Harbor followed, which blocked access to the sea. On February 22, 1926, the development was incorporated as the ninth community in the Redland district. The town is now considered a Florida Ghost Town. Only the northwestern curve of Ali Baba Circle remains today, along with two portions of the western arc of Ali Cogia Circle.