Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins Historic State Park

Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins Historic State Park

This park contains the ruins of the once-thriving sugar plantation: a limestone masonry chimney, iron gears, and a cane press. The steam-driven mill operated from 1851 to 1864 and served as a supplier of sugar products for southern troops during the Civil War. The ruins of the mill are situated within five feet of the road and can be easily seen. The site offers a picnic pavilion, restrooms facilities, and tables for picnicking and grills.