Hardee County was established in 1921 from a portion of DeSoto County and named for Cary Augustus Hardee, who was the governor the year the county was formed. Wauchula was the site of a military post built during the Seminole Wars.
Browse Our New Florida Regional Business Directory
We have just recently started our regional directories and we are growing. If you know of businesses that should be included here, please let us know. Click here to add your business.
- Hardee County Public School District
- Private Schools
- Higher Education
- Preschools & Child Care
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Practices, Physicians & Clinics
- Fitness, Nutrition & Weight Loss
- Restaurants & Eateries
- Coffee Shops & Tea Rooms
- Bakeries & Sweets
- Grocery Stores & Farmers Markets
- Wine / Wineries