City of High Springs, Florida

One of the earliest english-speaking settlements in the area was called Crockett Springs, located about three miles east of present day High Springs. Communities began to separate as the different phosphate mines gained popularity. The local post office changed its name from Orion to High Springs in 1888, and the town was officially incorporated in 1892.