Pittman, Florida

Although it is not technically considered a ghost town, many consider it to be one. In 1883, a man named George T. Pittman migrated from Kentucky and established the town. It had a Presbyterian Church and a local newspaper called the “Pittman Argus” and the local bank was owned by Pittman himself. However, many people left after the great freezes of 1894 and 1895 because of the many citrus crops that were destroyed.