The Northwest Region of Florida includes the Panhandle and the Big Bend and boarders the Gulf of Mexico to the south and Georgia and Alabama to the North. Florida’s capital city, Tallahassee, is part of this region. The culture of the panhandle is more closely related with the deep south of the boarding states.
The Northwest region of Florida is home to several natural wonders. The Apalachicola National Forest, one of the largest national forests in Florida, offers opportunities for hiking, camping, and wildlife viewing. The region also includes protected areas such as Gulf Islands National Seashore, which spans across multiple barrier islands, and St. Joseph Peninsula State Park, known for its unspoiled beaches and sand dunes.
Some of the most pristine beaches and natural coastlines are located in this region and includes the Emerald Coast and the Forgotten Coast. The powdery soft white sands line the coast with popular beach towns in Pensacola, Fort Walton Beach, Navarre, Destin, the communities of 30A, Panama City, Mexico Beach and Cape San Blas.
Metro Areas and Cities in the Northwest Panhandle include:
- Pensacola Metro – Largest Cities in this Metro area include Pensacola , Ferry Pass, Bellview, Ensley, Brent, Navarre, Pace, Midway, East Milton and Milton
- Fort Walton Beach – Destin – Largest Cities in this Metro area include Crestview, Wright, Fort Walton Beach, Niceville, Destin, Miramar Beach, DeFuniak Springs, Freeport
- Panama City – Largest Cities in this Metro area include Panama City, Lynn Haven, Panama City Beach, Upper Grand Lagoon, Laguna Beach, Mexico Beach, Port St. Joe, Cape San Blas, Wewahitchka.
- Tallahassee – Largest Cities in this Metro area include Tallahassee, Bradfordville, Monticello, Quincy, Midway,Crawfordville
- Other Cities include: Apalachicola, St. George Island, Bonifay, Chipley, Marianna
Browse Our New Florida Regional Business Directory
We have just recently started our regional directories and we are growing. If you know of businesses that should be included here, please let us know. Click here to add your business.
- Public School Districts
- Private Schools
- Higher Education
- Preschools & Child Care
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Practices, Physicians & Clinics
- Fitness, Nutrition & Weight Loss
- Restaurants & Eateries
- Coffee Shops & Tea Rooms
- Bakeries & Sweets
- Grocery Stores & Farmers Markets
- Wine / Wineries
- Official County Website